Garmin is pleased to introduce GSB 15, a small, lightweight USB charger designed specifically for aircraft installations. GSB 15 includes two powerful USB Type-A charging ports capable of charging at up to 3A or 18w per port simultaneously. A single GSB 15 is capable of charging two full-size tablets while pilots or passengers use them at full backlight. Compatible with 14v or 28v power systems, GSB 15 has built-in protection against circuit and temperature overloads. There is also configurable halo lighting around the exterior of the USB ports to allow pilots and passengers to easily connect their devices to GSB 15 during nighttime conditions.
Two versions of the GSB 15 are available and allow for easy installation in spaceconstrained areas. One version contains a connector on the back of the unit, which is perfect for panel mount installations. A second variant has a connector on the bottom of GSB 15 and is ideal for installations in depth-constrained areas, such as near cabin sidewalls. Installation can also be simplified as GSB 15 can take the place of an existing aircraft instrument hole with an optional adapter plate. A slim, lightweight design makes it suitable for installation in any cockpit or cabin.
- Dual USB configuration gives simultaneous fast 3A charging from each port
- Charge two full-size iPad® tablets or similar smart devices while using them at full brightness
- Halo lighting around each USB port makes connections easy in dark conditions
- Offers easy installation in an existing instrument cutout with optional adapter plate
- Two charger formats — for straight or 90-degree power wiring connection — help simplify installation in tight spaces such as armrests or sidewallsIn just a few short years, battery-powered mobile devices have become essential in-flight tools for pilots and their passengers alike. Pilots use their tablets or smartphones to access flight plans, moving maps, charts, weather data, manuals and more — while passengers access entertainment, messaging and all types of productivity apps on their devices. But, invariably, all these portable electronics need an external power source to keep them charged and ready to use over a long flight. That’s where our GSB 15 USB charging hub makes all the difference.
- This dual-port 3A USB charger delivers plenty of electrical current to power two iPad tablets or similar smart devices at full brightness — while simultaneously charging their batteries. There’s built-in protection against circuit and temperature overloads. Plus, configurable halo lighting on the plugs makes them easy to locate and access in a darkened cabin or cockpit.
- The slimline GSB 15 charging hub measures just over 1.5” square and stands less than an inch deep — making it one of the smallest dual-port USB charging hubs ever designed for aviation use. It comes in two formats: one designed to be wired into aircraft power from the back of the unit — and one that connects to aircraft power through the bottom of the case. Choose the version that fits best with your application and its related space constraints.
- You can mount GSB 15 virtually anywhere. It’s small enough to fit a 1” cutout — or it’s available with two optional mounting plates that allow for easy installation in existing, unused 2.25” or 3.125” instrument holes in the panel. It has FAA TSO and consequently European approval. The device will fit in a variety of constricted spaces — such as aircraft sidewalls, armrests or aft console positions — where most aviation USB chargers are simply too large or unwieldy to install.